After reading The Martian by Andy Weir, I was given a very apparent feeling of sci-fi, yet also horror, in a way. This is because it made me feel very far-away and removed, just like the main character when he gets stuck on Mars. He has to find a way to survive, even though his ship got destroyed and he nearly had no food. Luckily, he learned to grow food by using his knowledge of plants, and eventually made it in Mars quite well. However, it still felt very lonely. This is why I think the book was written well; it really drew me in and made me feel like I had to figure out how I would survive there.

Themes of space can be a bit like horror on their own, because it is so mysterious to us humans, as we do not know so much about it yet. It can be so vast, and we may be very unsure of what is actually out there- which I think Andy Weir captured very well.

Related image

评论

热门博文